Thank you for volunteering at the WeiKem Soccer Camp. Your contribution as a volunteer is greatly appreciated by the camp staff, the parents, and the children. We hope your experience with this year’s camp is as rewarding as it is for the campers!
Pictures are on Saturday!
Coaches – Yellow shirts, Volunteers – white, Interpreters – light blue
List of Campers: https://weikemsoccercamp.org/camperlist/
- The camp runs Friday, July 6 from through Sunday, July 8, 2016. The camp will be at Tony Glavin Soccer Complex. Friday – 5 p.m. through 9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday – 8 a.m. through 1 p.m. If you are late or in trouble, please let Paige or Charlie know.
- All volunteers should check-in on Friday at around 5:30 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday between 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. at the Tony Glavin Soccer Park. Don’t rush yourself where you would be liable for an accident. Be sure to be arrive safe.
- Complimentary lunches and snacks will be served daily by area restaurants. [BE SURE CAMPER’S NEEDS ARE ATTENDED TO BEFORE YOU EAT YOUR LUNCH.]
- This is the 8th year for the camp – please expect some miscommunication or mistakes that can happen along the way. However, we would appreciate you keeping notes of what we can do to improve or change for future WeiKem Soccer camps. Keep the camp a positive experience!
- The Camp is not a forum for deaf education debate; therefore, please refrain from any deaf education discussion with other parents/volunteers/children. We ask this so that the camp will be an enjoyable and comfortable atmosphere for all involved.
- Without sponsors, this camp would not be possible. Please patronize any sponsor that you see at the camp and tell them how much you appreciate their support.
- Safety is a paramount issue. Please watch for children crossing the street, and balls in play. If there is an injury, bring the injured child to the first aid located between fields #1 and #2 outside. Remember, we want the camp to be safe and enjoyable for campers and volunteers. When leaving each area, check for any items left behind. i.e., soccer balls, equipment, etc. Also, for our safety, and because we are at a public facility, please stay within the marked boundaries of the park.
- Never put yourself in a position to be alone with a child. This is for your protection as well as for the child’s. Two volunteers must accompany a camper to the restroom.
- Watch for heat exhaustion. Because our camp is in early July, we are bound to experience some hot weather. If you notice signs of heat exhaustion such as dizziness, excessively red or pale skin, or a child is sick to his/her stomach, bring that child to see Charlie, certified and licensed athletic trainer for the state of Missouri.
There will be various assignments throughout the Camp. Some examples are: Equipment, Registration, Coach Assistant, Food Provider, etc. Regardless of your assignment, please stick to your responsibilities throughout the camp to ensure a smooth week; we are counting on each and every volunteer.
Coaches: Charlie Weir, Donovan White, Tyson Kanoya, Brian Donovan
Interpreters: Jennie Savage and Katie Roberts (there will be a lot of student interpreters)
Others – I will give assignments when arrive (it is possible you will know before hand).
AGAIN thank you!
Paige – 4798793776 (text)
Charlie – 8647603089 (text)