Thank you for volunteering at the WeiKem Soccer Camp. Your contribution as a volunteer is greatly appreciated by the camp staff, the parents, and the children. We hope your experience with this year’s camp is as rewarding as it is for the campers!
Pictures are on Saturday!
Coaches – Orange shirts, Volunteers – White Shirts, Interpreters – Green shirts
Campers – gold jersey with their first name on back.
List of Campers: https://weikemsoccercamp.org/camperlist/
- The camp runs Friday, July 6 from through Sunday, July 8, 2016. The camp will be at Whitfield School Soccer Fields.
- All volunteers should check-in on Friday at around 5:30 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday at around 7:30 a.m. at the soccer fields. Please stay afterwards to help clean up. Don’t rush yourself where you would be liable for an accident. Be sure to be arrive safe.
- Complimentary treat (Friday) and snacks will be served. Lunches will not be served this year. [BE SURE CAMPER’S NEEDS ARE ATTENDED TO BEFORE YOU EAT YOUR SNACK.]
- T-shirts will not be provided this year.
- This is the 9th year for the camp – please expect some miscommunication or mistakes that can happen along the way. However, we would appreciate you keeping notes of what we can do to improve or change for future WeiKem Soccer camps. Keep the camp a positive experience!
- The Camp is not a forum for deaf education debate; therefore, please refrain from any deaf education discussion with other parents/volunteers/children. We ask this so that the camp will be an enjoyable and comfortable atmosphere for all involved.
- Without sponsors, this camp would not be possible. Please patronize any sponsor that you see at the camp and tell them how much you appreciate their support.
- Safety is a paramount issue. Please watch for children crossing the street, and balls in play. If there is an injury, bring the injured child to the first aid located between fields #1 and #2 outside. Remember, we want the camp to be safe and enjoyable for campers and volunteers. When leaving each area, check for any items left behind. i.e., soccer balls, equipment, etc. Also, for our safety, and because we are at a public facility, please stay within the marked boundaries of the park.
- Never put yourself in a position to be alone with a child. This is for your protection as well as for the child’s. Two volunteers must accompany a camper to the restroom.
- Watch for heat exhaustion. Because our camp is in late July, we are bound to experience some hot weather. If you notice signs of heat exhaustion such as dizziness, excessively red or pale skin, or a child is sick to his/her stomach, bring that child to see Charlie, certified and licensed athletic trainer for the state of Missouri.
- Directions to Whitefield School Soccer Field: 175 S. Mason Rd, St Louis, MO 63141
There are three soccer fields, and DO NOT go to the two fields next to each other, they are closed for the summer. Please follow the signs and you will see a blue canopy with a table in the back of the school. I will find a volunteer to stand and point which directions to go. Please go to the blue canopy to check in.
There will be various assignments throughout the Camp. Some examples are: Equipment, Registration, Coach Assistant, Food Provider, etc. Regardless of your assignment, please stick to your responsibilities throughout the camp to ensure a smooth week; we are counting on each and every volunteer.
AGAIN thank you!
Text Charlie – 8647603089 (text) if questions.